It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:43 am

I quenched the new truck bug 

Post Re: I quenched the new truck bug
they make the motors in Huntsville, so he should be able to

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:49 am
Profile Send private message

LostArt wrote:
I want a truck. This CTS is about to cost me money and I can't have that! :gripe:

So, I am another HOE that will be getting a new truck and the Tundra was recommended. However, I want to know what other HOEs think. Sell me on a good truck. And no, I won't be purchasin a new one. Still tell me what you recommend!

Well ya'll all know I love my Avalanche, so I'd recommend that. It has a smooth ride, lockable enclosed rear that has easy access (GOT to love an easy access rear!!!) storage compartments on the outside (others have Copied this now) that one can dump drinks and food into top with ice and be off, smooth ride, good looks if you don NOT get the lower clad version! Those do look ugly in my opinion. Options out the wazoo.
Only thing I'd stay away from is the 05 (and maybe earlier) as the Leather seats are ONLY in the center panel areas. That was changed in the 07 model to full leather, as that's what my neighbor had. I bitched saying if I had bought new and sold on the leather seats, Somebody would be replacing them With LEATHER. Says the man with a small tear in the driver seat from a Levi rivet snagging the side Naugahyde bolster. Gas mileage isn't the best, but hey cruising down the highway around 75up which is very easy and a very smooth ride, I average 18mpg. Around town if you have a heavy foot it'll hurt more especially when you go to top off the 31 GALLON TANK. I try to refill mine when it gets to no less than 1/4 after that it starts hurting.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks Brad. My brother has one. I've never cared for the look for some reason.

We are looking for a medium size truck around the 2010 area. I'll just have to beat the bushes and look.

The '07 CTS is fine except for the loose strip around the drivers door which leaks now if it rains. And you all know we have had some rains! And the spoiler's paint job started flaking off last fall. I can't stand it.

I have to admit that I must be a Truck gal because I've missed that old white truck ever since I drove off the lot and left it back in 2006---I've never been the same happy driver since. Then I get a 05 Sportstrac that I never liked to trade that in for a caddy thinking I'd like having a car. Last time I had a car was in the late '80's. I now know I can't go back. A truck is for me.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 am

just test drive a tundra. No one will need to talk you into what you want. But do yourself a favor and test drive the 5.7 Tundra before buying anything. I've had Fords, I've had Chevies... This Tundra beats them all... BY FAR.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:38 pm

I disagree, Ben. I've driven two Tundras recently (an 08 with a V6 and a 2010 with the 5.7) and they simply don't hold a candle to the new F-150. Power, coach works, build quality, and road manners are all better on the F-150 in my opinion. Especially that Ecoboost F-150, it is a beast and a half. Plus you get the Sync/My Ford Touch system which Toyota can't match with anything.

YMMV

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:47 pm
Profile Send private message YIM AIM
Site Admin

check it out

Attachments:
zombie pic.jpg
zombie pic.jpg [ 104.39 KiB | Viewed 1121 times ]

If You Use a Phone in Mexico, Can You Press 1 For English?
Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Nice!

But now you're going to get bands of clueless survivors trying to jump in your truck when the outbreak starts...

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 pm

The only thing that I'm not overly impressed with on my truck is the radio. Power wise, 381HP with a 6 speed auto and a 430 rear... that's enough for me.

Oh yeah, and I wish I would have bought the 4x4

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:05 pm

GTDriver wrote:
The only thing that I'm not overly impressed with on my truck is the radio.

Easily fixed, quit slackin'

Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 am

GTDriver wrote:

4x4 is a weird thing, you rarely need it but when you do you do. I have used it more on my current truck than all others combined.
We currently have 4 vehicles, all 4 are 4x4...in Alabama..Fuck you Al Gore Hee Hee

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:16 pm

TimMAY wrote:
GTDriver wrote:

4x4 is a weird thing, you rarely need it but when you do you do. I have used it more on my current truck than all others combined.
We currently have 4 vehicles, all 4 are 4x4...in Alabama..Fuck you Al Gore Hee Hee

:haha:

I really don't think I need a 4x4 since the Boss has one. I'll check them all out though. Including the Tundra. :green:

Narly, what can you tell me about the 2010 raptor? The thing about purchasing a used one, is usually there is something out about them by now.....the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Narly, I don't need a full size, but I think a half cab might work for me. What do you know?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:00 pm

heck yeah, all in

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:03 pm

LostArt wrote:
Narly, what can you tell me about the 2010 raptor? The thing about purchasing a used one, is usually there is something out about them by now.....the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Narly, I don't need a full size, but I think a half cab might work for me. What do you know?

The Raptor is a beast and a half. I'm not sure what to expect used though, if it was driven like it was built to be driven it means it's been through some pretty rough times. I'd want to make sure there was nothing broken underneath it, but as long as that all checks out they use such good parts in those that a 2010 should still be like new.

Do you mean the extended cab as opposed to the crew cab? I've been using an extended cab F-150 as my errand vehicle lately and it's still plenty roomy. The little half door is nice so you can use the back seat as a cargo area, but I wasn't too thrilled with the way the doors close on the driver side with that half door.

Whatever you do, if you're getting a new F-150, make sure it has that Ecoboost badge on the side. Or at least test drive one, it's pretty amazing how hard those things pull through every gear. And it's a V6!

Of course if you're getting a Raptor you don't have the Ecoboost option, but you're getting a mountain motor anyway.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Yeah, I'm all undecided. But, I'm going to remember about half door.

So, on my list should be:

F150 extended cab
Tundra

So, the chevies are out these days? No good ones?

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 pm

new chevies are great, wait, who said that?

5.3 is a great power plant. Honestly if I weren't going ecoboost, I would probably go chevy

Now Nylar has me wanting an ecoboost.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:05 am

I like cars from all the American and European stables. Chevy, Camaro, Vette, CTS, Avalanche, Tahoe, 250HD; Ford, Stang, F150Eco, F250 Harley; Dodge, Durango, Charger, etc. Not so much the Japanese vehicles as I'd rather pluck down the money for the overpriced Lex/Toyota for a CTS or Bimmer/MB.
A Bentley is my ultimate want in the car world.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:49 am

I think the new M5 is my current favorite.

I think the Americans have recaught the Japenese on value and quality. If I wanted something practical, I believe it would be American like a Focus etc. I refuse to take a rental Camry if I can.

If I wanted something swanky it would be/is European.

I drove an Infiniti M something when we were last shopping. It was probably the most complete car I have ever driven. Then I drove a 6 series that was a couple of years older and rude as hell, but I would have taken it any day.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm done with cars. They just aren't practical for me. It's bad when you treat a CTS like it's a pick up. :doh: I'm just not prissy enough for one. Seriously.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 am

Me too LostFart.(don't get mad, I just added one letter) I can't be without a truck anymore. I might get another Mustang or 20, but I'll always have a truck as my main vehicle.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:34 am

I can't imagine not having access to a truck. We were without for a while and I spent way too much time jacking around with a pain in the ass trailer any time we needed to move anything.
I also happen to love my truck.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:41 pm